Creating an Event
It's really easy to create your first event on Helm Tickets, plus there are loads of ways to customise your event to fit your needs. This article will run you through the three stages of creating and publishing an event as well as ways you can customise your event.
Before we start, log into your account here.
Once logged in, click the 'Events' drop-down on the left-hand sidebar, select 'Create New'.
You'll be met with three sections to complete, Basic Info, Ticket Info and Extra Info.
Part 1: Basic Info
- Name: Enter the name of your event.
- Event Status: Set the event as a draft, public or private event. Find out what the differences are here.
- Event start date and times: Firstly, select whether or not your event runs over multiple days by switching the toggle between yes and no.
Select the date of your event from the calendar pop-up.
Then set your start and end times from their respective pop-ups.
- Fees: Here you can choose whether to absorb the booking fees or pass them on to your customers. For a closer look at passing on booking fees, read our 'Who pays the booking fees?' article.
- VAT: If you are VAT registered, here you can toggle VAT on. The system will calculate VAT for you. For more information about charging VAT, check out 'Adding VAT to Tickets'. You can also choose how VAT is displayed to your customers.
- Max capacity: By toggling 'Set Maximum Amount of Tickets' you can create a total capacity which will override any capacities you've set for individual tickets. For more information about this feature, check out 'Setting Maximum Tickets Available'.
- Venue search: Next, you can search for the venue of your event by beginning to type in the address, then select the correct suggestion. If you can't find the right address automatically, you can also enter the address manually. Required fields are marked with an *.
- Description: In the description box, you can provide all of the details of your event, including videos and images.
Part 2: Ticket Info
- Adding Tickets: The next stage involves creating your tickets, for an in-depth look at creating tickets, please read 'How to add tickets to your event'.
Simply put, you can enter the name of your ticket, the quantity available, the price, on/off sale dates and the maximum quantity per person.
Remember, once you've created one ticket, you can duplicate it by clicking the copy symbol.
- Additional Options: On top of the basic ticket functionality, you can also add Additional Options. These are perfect if you need to get dietary requirements or want to upsell products.
For more details about Additional Options, check out 'How to ask questions or add additional options to your tickets'.
Part 3: Extra Info
The final stretch! All that's left to do is add some images and confirm your Terms & Conditions.
- Event Media: Here you can upload up to three images and select which will display as the primary image.
- Terms & Conditions: Here you can write or copy/paste your event's specific terms and conditions.
- Refund Policy: Like the Terms & Conditions, you can enter your own refund policy, which will be displayed to purchasers. Some Organisers choose to allow refunds in certain circumstances or not at all, and place these terms here.
- Save: All done! All you need to do now is select whether you want to save the event as a draft, a private event or go live.
Now your event is created, you can find it under 'Events' > 'View My Events' on the sidebar.
Customising Your Event
From here, you can enhance your event listing even further with customised branding, embeds and discount codes.
Discounts: You can also generate discount codes for your customers. For support doing so, you can follow our guide 'Adding discount codes to your event'.
Custom Embed Styling: To customise everything from the text colour to backgrounds, check out 'Branding your events'.
Embedding your event: You can easily and quickly embed your event as a full event, box office or an auto-updating full event calendar on your website. Learn about embedding here.