How to apply Automatic Bulk-Buy Discounts
Automatic bulk discounts are a great way to offer savings to your attendees, such as, ‘3 for 2’ or ‘buy one get one free/half price’ with no need to supply a discount code.
Adding the Automatic Discount:
- From the event dashboard, in the 'Tools' section, select 'Discount Codes'
- This brings you to the discount code management page - click 'Add a Discount Code'
- You'll be presented with the discount code creator
- Start with choosing whether the discount will be a monetary amount or percentage off each ticket - e.g. buy one get one free; percentage of 50% off each ticket which will equate to one full price ticket
- Next you can limit the amount of uses each customer will have - one per customer is fairly common
- You can choose if the discount is enabled or not
- Set a start and end date if you wish. This can be useful if the discount is for a limited time only so that you don't need to remember to turn it off
- Now the bulk discount quantity needs to be set - e.g. for buy one get one free, insert '2'
- To the right of the ticket quantity field is the 'Auto Apply Bulk Discount' toggle, this needs to be turned "on"
- Maximum total uses can be used to set a number of times this discount can be accessed - e.g. if the discount is for the first 5 customers, enter '5' into the allotted field and the discount will stop once this has been hit
- Finally, add the tickets the discount applies to using the dropdown menu that will include your ticket types, select the ticket you wish to be included then click the 'Add Ticket' button. Or if all of your tickets are included, leave this field as all will be added for you
- Click 'Add' at the end
- You're done! Your automatic discount has now been applied to your event!
How attendees will see the discount:
- First, they will select the required amount of tickets for the discount
- When they click 'Checkout', the discount will be applied and they can continue the process. They will see a notification bar to let them know the discount has been applied for them
Please note: Helm always adjusts the fee for discounted tickets.For example: If a discount code is used for 50% off a ticket, then the fee is recalculated based on the new, reduced amount.