Adding discount codes to your event
Discount codes are a great way to boost sales and reward your attendees and members for their loyalty. You can also use discount codes to track your event promoter's sales!
Please note: Helm always adjusts the fee for discounted tickets. For example: If a discount code is used for 50% off a ticket, then the fee is recalculated based on the new, reduced amount.
You can find the Discount Codes page in the Tools box on your dashboard.
When you select the Discount Codes option, the following screen will appear. This is where you can manage existing discount codes or create new ones by clicking Add a Discount Code.
You will be greeted with the following pop up box to create your discount code.
To begin creating:
- Use the randomly generated codes or customise it with your own
- Determine if the discount will be a percentage off or a monetary amount off with the Value Type and set the Value, e.g. £10 or 10% off
- Use type allows you to choose if the code can be used only once per customer or multiple times per customer
- You can also set if the discount code is usable yet by choosing an option in the Enabled drop down
- You can choose a start and end date if you would like the discount to only be a limited time offer
- Bulk Discount Quantity will allow you to set multibuy offers such as 3 for 2, buy 1 get 1 free or 2 tickets to receive 25% off. This bulk discount can be made automatic with the adjacent toggle labelled Auto Apply Bulk Discount
- The Maximum Total Uses is a good way to set the limit of tickets that can be sold using the discount code
- The final option is for you to select which ticket type, if more than one is present, the code will apply to. Select the ticket type from the dropdown, click Add Ticket and continue until all that apply are selected
- Finally, click the Add button and PRESTO! Your discount code has been created and can be managed from your Discount Codes Dashboard!