How to use the asset booking feature
The asset booking feature allows customers to book any type of asset for a fee that depends on how long the asset is used for.
The asset booking feature can be used by an organiser to book:
- Meeting rooms
- Hot desks
- Conference rooms
- Or anything else that needs a booking system
As this feature is built on top of our event ticketing platform (although there are a few differences such as pricing structure), all other functionality you get from our ticketing platform will work with the asset booking functionality.
This means that the owner of the assets available to book can:
- Refund and cancel orders
- Embed their asset booking page into their own website using a widget
- See the list of people who have rented the asset in a convenient CSV
- Manage orders
- Accept payments by invoice
- Apply discount codes
- Include memberships
- And so much more!
Create your asset:
- On your dashboard, hover over the 'Manage' tab and select 'View All Assets'
- You'll see the asset management page, here you can view and edit your existing assets or click 'Create New Asset'
- The creation process is fairly similar to creating an event page. It has a 3 step process:
- Basics: this is where you fill in your basic information: asset name, description, venue/location (if required), asset type (asset or room), time zone selection, duration of time the asset will be available for (dates in bulk and manual multiple date entry also work here) and the currency you'll be charging in
- Rates: this section determines how much a buyer pays for time slots of a certain length. Here you can set the quantity of time, unit of time (minutes, hours, days, weeks or months) and the price. You can add multiple rates for different time slots by clicking 'Add New Rate'
- Save as a draft, post privately or post live
When a customer places a booking for a specified time slot, the price is calculated to give the customer the cheapest possible rate for longer amounts of time. For example, if a 30 minute slot costs £6, but an hour slot costs £10, a 2.5 hour time slot would be £25 (2 x 1 hour) + (1 x 30-minute) slot rather than 5 x 30 minute slots at £30.
Please note that the rates being paid are subject to a booking fee that will be calculated using the same pricing structure as our fees on tickets.
If you have any questions about the use of this feature, please contact our support team at email@example.com